The Voice Line
The voice line is a suite of products that provides a simple clean conversational interface to a set of common applications. The product line's primary focus is interacting through speech recognition but includes several other interfaces including:
- Text sentences
- AOL IM messages
- SMS text messages
- Keyboard Macros
Despite the input method, the unifying characteristic of the product line is commands that control the computer through simple sentences.
Voice clock is an implementation of a stopwatch/timer/alarm clock. It allows a user to execute time related commands including:
- Set alarm for Friday, 8 AM
- Wake me up at 10 AM
- Remind me in 1 hour and 20 minutes that I have to go out
- Time 2 minutes
- What time is it?
- What date is it?
- Start stopwatch
Voice calculator performs simple arithmetic calculations. It supports commands including:
- calculate 1+2
- solve 5+100*3
- calculate five hundred 15 minus 5 divided by 3
- what is the sum 1+2+3+5+6+7+8+9+22
Voice Organizer creates appointments, schedules meetings, composes lists, and takes notes. For example:
- What do I have to do today?
- What is my schedule this week?
- Create journal entry subject 'my day happened tomorrow'
- Create shopping list
- John's birthday is October 25th
- I have a doctor's appointment on May 6th at 9 in the morning
- Compose email to fred
- When is my doctor's appointment?
Media Voice allows you to control your media collection with simple commands inclucing:
- play music
- increase volume by 100 percent
- quiet the music please
- next track
- stop the music
- Play music by the grateful dead
It is currently compatible with the following players
Windows Media Player
This module controls your TV/VCR and other electronic equipment with simple voice commands including:
- Turn on the television
- Change the station to PBS
- Record NBC from 8 until 9 tonight
- Play DVD
- Increase the volume
This application allows the computer to control a home's lighting and electrical appliances using a technology called 'X10'. Due to the extensive hardware requirements for X10, this module is intended for the hobbyist/home automation enthusiast. Some sample commands are:
- Turn on the lights in the living room
- Turn on the coffee maker at 7 AM
- Turn up the heat 4 degrees
- Open the blinds
- Open the garage door
Distills the functions performed on the web into voice enabled tools. Rather than starting a browser, navigating to the weather page, and entering in you zip code simply say 'Get me the weather at Manassas Virginia' and the computer will do the rest. This application is a continually evolving subscription service. Currently it provides access to the following subject areas:
- Web Search
- Encyclopedia (Wikipedia)
- Electronic product reviews
- Stock market prices